If you had asked me ten years ago, I would have fairly said that I thought I would never see Dubai. Now, I´m not so sure. I´ve had friends moving and visiting there, there´s a film festival that looks very happening, and frankly, Dubai seems to be EVERYWHERE!
Even the sequel to the popular Sex and the city film was originally meant to be shot in Dubai, but authorities refused the producers permission, after seeing the screenplay, so, it was shot in Abu Dhabi instead.
But Dubai didn´t need that crew to come to town to show the world what a fantastic tourist spot it is.Although Dubai is perceived as a expensive holiday destinations, it is always possible to find great deals on Dubai Holidays.
Dubai has the largest population and the second largest territory among the United Arab Emirates.Although its wealth was built on oil, today the emirate´s fabulous gross domestic product is largely made up by the real estate industry, trade and financial services.
TOP RATED ATTRACTIONS
- Dubai´s famous fountain showsare a favorite with tourists. The artistry and variety of the water shows has been widely
- The Tower of Arabs on top of the world´s only 7-star hotel, Burj Al-Arab. The cover charge is $50, but the crazy architecture design and the view are totally worth it. Reservations should be made in advance. Tip: ask for a table by the window!
- The Burj Khalifa is the world´s tallest building. Its observation deck on the 124th floor has a Telescope that offers real time views of the surrounding landscape as well as stored footage from other times and different weather conditions.
- If you really want to experience a bit of the local culture, the Centre for Cultural Understanding is the place to go. It features a mosque, you can have lunch there, and the friendly staff will inform you about Arab culture, and you can enjoy a traditional meal as well; all for an affordable price. Sounds like my kind of place.
- The Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve (DDCR) is a protected area featuring 57 Plant species, more than 120 birds and 43 mammals and reptiles. The SUV rides on desert safaris are said to be the ultimate roller-coaster experience. They will take to an dream-like desert area, straight out of a movie, for a meal complete with music and belly-dancing. Just the perfect Dubai adventure.